Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gincy Bucklin books

3 posters

Go down

Gincy Bucklin books Empty Gincy Bucklin books

Post by Cyndi Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Hello all.

Has anyone in here read any books by Gincy Bucklin? She's written a couple of books, most popular being, "How Your Horse Wants You to Ride", and the sequel, "More How Your Horse Wants You to Ride". I'm part of a yahoo group that was started up by Gincy, it's for adults who are nervous or afraid to ride, for whatever reasons. Anyway, people in the group have been talking about how good the book is and how much it has helped them. I know that the book would be endorsed in there, because she is the one who started the group, but everyone seems genuinely helped by the book(s). Just wondering if anyone in here has read it or has anything to say about it.

Gincy does a bit of Parelli, Centered Riding, and TTouch. She has her own website, as well.

I'm considering getting "How Your Horse Wants You to Ride", but I have so many books on training and so on, I don't want to overload my brain. I suppose that by reading all these books, some things will stand out more than others and I can use what "clicks" for me and combine a bunch of different methods.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Gincy Bucklin books Empty Re: Gincy Bucklin books

Post by lightertouch Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:57 am

Haven't heard of her myself. Absolutely, it can help to pick a trainer who's stuff you mostly agree with to begin, then when you feel ready, you can work on alternatives to the stuff you don't like. That's how its worked for me Smile
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Send us the link, Cyndi
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 pm

This is for her website where she has a bunch of articles that you can read. http://www.xpos.com/ofonemind/

This is a link to Amazon.ca where parts of this book can be read. If you look up the book by title, you can read a few pages. http://www.amazon.com/How-Your-Horse-Wants-Ride/dp/0764570994 You can also read reviews on her book(s).

She also has another book called "What Your Horse Wants You to Know", and it's about behaviour issues.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:10 pm

This is good stuff. This months article tells EXACTLY what I worked out to stop Dancing Girl rushing off after other horses and it works brilliantly. And the book excerpts - anyone who has 'round-the-world' listed in the index gets my vote. Kids aren't allowed to do that in lessons anymore, it's too DANGEROUS. No
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm

It's nice to hear that you approve!

Is 'round-the-world' when you ride with your eyes closed, or is it when you sit on a horse and turn around? I remember reading about it once, but I forget what it's all about. I'll have to look it up.

Another trainer/instructor that was recently recommended to me was Peggy Cummings. Have you heard of her? Someone in here might have mentioned her at one time, but I'm not sure. She combines TTouch and Sally Swift methods too. Apparently, she was a student of Sally Swift (Centered Riding), and explains stretches and techniques in a plainer way than Sally does. http://www.connectedriding.com/home/cr1/index_main.html

Lately, I've been flooded with great information on techniques and so on. I wish I had the time to read everything that's been recommended right now! But I will have to pace myself bounce
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Don't worry about not remembering everything you read - if you need it you'll keep it. I find when I ride on a two day clinic, at the end I have only one or two things I have really learned - but those one or two are worth all the money I spent.
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum