Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally picked up my Light Rider today!

5 posters

Go down

Finally picked up my Light Rider today! Empty Finally picked up my Light Rider today!

Post by lightertouch Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:17 am

I'm so excited! Lovely reins...

Yeah I know u sent it ages ago Wendy, but they delivered while I was out, couldn't get it through letterbox and I kept forgetting to go to sorting office to pick it up... doh!

Hopefully give it a bash this afternoon... yay!
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Finally picked up my Light Rider today! Empty Re: Finally picked up my Light Rider today!

Post by Kodak Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 am

How did you go with your new bridle, Lightertouch? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Did you get it from Natural Horse World in Tassie by any chance? Cynthia is a friend of mine! Very Happy
Kodak
Kodak

http://www.pathofthehorse.com.au

Back to top Go down

Finally picked up my Light Rider today! Empty Re: Finally picked up my Light Rider today!

Post by lightertouch Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:44 am

Its gone great so far!

She seems to understand the cues a bit better with it - the stop has improved, as have the directional responses. She stays contained even if very anxious - damn those tractors!

She seems comfortable in it, and its less fiddly than a crossunder. She's even started poking her nose forward into it when I put it on, whereas she sometimes backed off the Dr. Cooks - poss. coz clumsy me sometimes hadn't slackened the crossunders enough to fit her nose in.

I like the look of it very much, the clip-on reins are lovely and light unlike the more Western style heavy rope reins. I like the padded noseband. I think if the rope could've been the stuff thats a little bit thicker and softer, it'd be even better. I may get some fleece for the poll area.

Its lovely and light, and sooo convenient - the seperate halter loop and length of the reins and lightness of the clips mean its fabulous for hacking and then getting off and walking the last bit home to warm down, without having to lead with the reins, or fiddle around too much. Just unclip one side, clip onto the halter loop, unclip the other side and voila!

I also like that no part of it is tightly fitted - in fact its all very loose except for the undernose strap, which fits closely but doesn't contact unless the reins are used.

We're very happy bunnies so far! (Cheers Wendy!)

Kodak - I hired and then purchased it from Wendy as I live in the UK, and she imports them.

As an aside, do you know anything about emigration to NZ? Have you been there at all? Its something I'm looking into and am asking everyone who might know about it! Plz PM me or start a thread in the General section??
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodak Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:00 am

Fantastic post! Thats so great the bridle ticks all the boxes for you and your horse. Thanks for sharing your experience.

(P.S :I can't blame you for wanting to live in NZ - it is a stunning country. I am sorry I don't know any details about immigration but I ever run across any I will pass them on to. Smile )
Kodak
Kodak

http://www.pathofthehorse.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 am

Thanks very much on all counts Kodak! Smile
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm

This bridle looks interesting - I was thinking of another bridle for Trelawny we do a lot of wood/farm riding and there are times when i have to get off to open gates etc and have to lead him until I can find a place to get back on - I dont like leading with the Nurtural and was looking for an alternative - just wondered if they would do it big enough!
Jo
Jo

http://www.walksfarphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Mon May 04, 2009 10:41 am

I think it'd be great for you Winterweave, and Wendy'd know about sizes Smile
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I forgot all about this discussion, so I was happy to rediscover it just now! Lightertouch, I am finding the same thing with Fan (with her Nurtural) as you had with your horse, so a couple of weeks ago I ordered a Light Rider noseband for her. I am still waiting for it to come in.

I hope I see a positive change like you did Very Happy
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:49 am

Oooh I'd love to hear how you get on! Great new avatar btw Cyndi Smile
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Today is a month since I got word that my Light Rider Noseband was sent. Still waiting for it Sad We had a postal strike in June, plus it's a long way from Australia to Canada, so I will continue to wait patiently.

Waiting patiently for my new saddle too, but I don't think it'll be ready until the end of August. It should have gone into production around the middle of June, but I recently found out that the production lead time is between eight and ten weeks.

Thanks for the compliment on my avatar Lightertouch Very Happy Fan is standing nicely, even though my hip is pointed right at her Rolling Eyes
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 pm

I emailed Cynthia, to see if there was a tracking number for my noseband, last Friday. She said it should've been here by now. On Saturday I went to the local pharmacy which is our package pick-up, to see if they happened to have it there (we usually get a card saying that we have a parcel, but I thought I'd check anyway). Nothing. But today the noseband was in our mailbox!! Very Happy cheers

I'll take it to the barn tomorrow and see if I measured right and that it's the right size for Fan.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by thebitlessway Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi there!
That's great that some of you are getting the LightRider Bitless Bridles! There my fav and I use them on all 5 of my horses! I give them 10/10!
Grace Very Happy
thebitlessway
thebitlessway

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Grace! Very Happy

Nice to see you in here again!

I have done some in-hand stuff with Fan using the LightRider, but I haven't used it yet when I've been on her. I haven't been on her much anyway, just a bit bareback when she's had her halter on, and then it was for a short time only because it's been so terribly hot out.

My new saddle has been shipped and the weather is cooling off a bit so hopefully I will get a chance to use our LightRider soon!
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by thebitlessway Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Cyndi,
That's really good! Do you enjoy riding bareback? I sure do! Very Happy
I bet your excited about your saddle! Smile
What's the average temperature over there during the day?
What breed is? She's so cute!
thebitlessway
thebitlessway

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:54 am

Hi Grace,

I do enjoy riding bareback, but I don't do it for long because Fan's not exactly in shape, and I weigh just a tad more than you do Razz Because she's so round, I have a rather difficult time balancing on her, but I am getting better. I have a bareback pad, but I get on her for such a short time that I just don't use it much.

Yes, I am excited about my new saddle coming in! It's still not here. That's probably better, because life has been really busy and this week is not an easy one (sending our first child off to college Sad ), so a week from now would be better to test out the new saddle anyway Smile

This summer has been a HOT one, much like last summer. Usually, the temperatures are around 25 to 27 Celsius during the day, and then we'd get a "hot spell" of higher temperatures that would last about a week or so and then the temps would go back to normal. This summer, the temperatures, for the most part, were above 30 Celsius every day, but also with high humidity, so most days felt close to 40 Celsius or higher. It was nearly unbearable. If there was a breeze, it helped a tiny bit, but for the most part you'd break out in a sweat just leaving your house. Fan and I spent most of the summer hanging out in the coolness of the barn aisle, which was a nice way to bond anyway. In the winter, if the temperature goes down to -30 C, I don't want to go outside. Same goes for when it's +30 C!! I just do not like hot humid temperatures. Right now the average high for the day is still 24 C or so, and I enjoy that.

Thanks for saying that Fan is cute. She is half Newfoundland Pony and half Canadian Horse, both are heritage breeds here in Canada. She is a sweetheart. She is chunky, but that is generally the way most Newfoundland Ponies and Canadian Horses are unless they are in competition or training and getting worked a lot (like hours per day, almost every day of the week). Here's a link to a website that helps people buy and sell Canadian Horses, so you can get an idea of what they look like: http://www.canadianhorselink.com/mares.htm Not too many skinny horses in there.

Have a great day!
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down