Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Beautiful Sight...

4 posters

Go down

A Beautiful Sight... Empty A Beautiful Sight...

Post by HorseHippie Thu May 07, 2009 7:19 am

Last night I went and picked up my new bitless YAY! While I was there, the lady that sold it to me is also a boarding facility owner and a certified Equine Canada coach. She was in between lessons when I got there so all the lesson horses were all standing in a row and I noticed a wonderful sight...All the lesson horses use Bitless Bridles!

Now, in my world/area, there are very very few of us that use bitless bridles and we do get the "There is no way I can control my horse without a bit" or "I have to use a bit because I want to show", and my favorite, "How can a bit be painful, my horse doesn't show any signs of pain while wearing his bit". It was so nice to see someone putting their horses health and welfare first over how much they were making on a riding lesson. I know it sounds bitter, but to me it is the hard truth.

I just thought I would share...
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

A Beautiful Sight... Empty Re: A Beautiful Sight...

Post by joskt0204 Sat May 09, 2009 6:05 am

I don't see many bitless riders either, and I often hear the "I couldn't control my horse" reasoning. People generally say that my horse is just somehow different from theirs, or that I am just a show-off to ride bitless. My horse is a zillion times easier, more relaxed, and happier bitless, and I really think a lot of other horses would be as well, but I haven't had much luck convincing people to give it a try. I'm always happy when I see another bitless rider, and esp. if they are barefoot, bitless, and treeless.

joskt0204

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sat May 09, 2009 2:43 pm

How absolutely wonderful, Hippie! Good for her, for going bitless. And being a certified coach, I hope that other coaches see what she's doing. And I hope that with living so close to you, that she can be an encouragement to you and a valuable source of information.

If I had a dime for every time I hear or read that someone "needs" a bit because they need more control... Evil or Very Mad
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 am

The one I get about bitless is - "well of course you have had him since a yearling and he is used to you" grrrrr. Or " oh yeah I have heard of you - you are that mad woman with a Shire horse" Exclamation
Then when they find out he's barefoot as well........ " you cant go on the roads......you cant do this, you cant do that" well I can and I do!!
Jo
Jo

http://www.walksfarphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum