Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bareback pads

+3
Sydney
FlorayG
Cyndi
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bareback pads - Page 2 Empty Re: Bareback pads

Post by Cyndi Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks lightertouch Bareback pads - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Just for the record, fanny out here refers to a person's bum. It was a big joke when Fanny was at the trainer's because someone saw me on Fanny and asked if Jason bought a new horse, but he said, "No, that's Cyndi's Fanny.". Then he laughed and told everyone to look at my "fanny". LOL

I just got more info on the comfort plus pad (the purple/blue pad in the pics). Turns out the strap does not go over the top of the horse, under the pad. It attaches to the pad down at the bottom of the pad...probably right where you see it disappear. Good to know. She said she sells a lot of them. The underside of the pad, as well as the girth are neoprene, so they 'stick' to the horse nicely. She didn't tell me what brand the rust-coloured one is, but said she's sold three of them in the past couple of weeks, so she's had no feedback on them yet.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:01 pm

It's actually a western cinch and it measures to be 26 inches It's black and white. I do believe it was too short for what I needed it for and hasn't been used on a horse ever. I used to make them but my mohair supplier went out of business D:
Just pay it forward. Give something to someone else.
Sydney
Sydney

http://www.nurturalhorse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:15 am

Lovely thought Sydney Smile Share the joy!
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Sydney, what day or days are you planning to be at CanAm? I've booked off Friday, the 19th, and will at least get to spend a good part of the day there, until I have to head back home to pick up my daughter from school. Hmmm...maybe I could convince her to go to her friend's house after school instead Bareback pads - Page 2 Icon_smile

Is Zoe going to have a display set up? I didn't see her on the vendor's list. I don't know if I'll get to see her talk on Saturday or Sunday. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out on the weekend at all, that's why I plan to go on the Friday.

Would love to take a look at that cinch of yours. I would have to buy one of those girth converters, but there's one I know of that's pretty inexpensive. I may even be able to have someone make one for me.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 am

I am going to be there Saturday unfortunately. I have to work on Friday and London is a 2 hour drive so by the time I would be able to get there it would be earliest 6 pm.

Yeah Zoe and Gerry will be there. I think shes got the conference room for saturday and another day too.
Sydney
Sydney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 am

I knew Zoe was going to be there - she's doing her talks on Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't see her on the vendor's list for display booths. I'd like to make it to at least one of her talks. I'll see what I can do. I'm not working that weekend, but I don't know what my family's up to.

I'm picking up my barefoot bareback pad at the show. The lady I bought it from is going to be there, so she's bringing it along to save me from paying for shipping. I couldn't argue with that.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:01 am

I think they spelt the name wrong they put natural horse it was like that last year too.
Sydney
Sydney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:33 am

Hi Cyndi - how are you getting on with your Barefoot bareback pad??
I absolutely love mine - I cant remember when I last used my saddle!!
Jo
Jo

http://www.walksfarphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 am

Welcome back Jo!!

Sadly, I've only used mine once. My Barefoot girth is too long, so I can't tighten the pad as much as I'd like to. I used it the one time and felt rather unstable, partly due to the fact that it was new and 'stiff', so it felt strange under me. I do hope to use it more once I am able to get a shorter girth. Sydney was gracious enough to give me a western cinch, but I haven't the money to buy what I need to convert it to my tack. I haven't been doing much riding at all, whether with saddle or bareback pad. I've put the bareback pad on Fanny while I do groundwork, hoping that eventually it'll conform to her shape a bit.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 am

funny that - my barefoot girth is quite long for the pad but I can just about get away with it. I havent ridden Trelawny much of late either - new puppy, poorly partner, too hot, and now this morning he is slightly lame - the ground is so hard, and he has quite a wide white line on his foot which means that stones get in and cause a few problems Bareback pads - Page 2 Icon_mad , dug it all out this morning, purple spray, trim it all whilst I am there - and fingers crossed!
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 am

I hope Trelawny is better too...my donkey is having white line issues so, it's twice a day hoof picking for the little guy...he seems to be getting better too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! Smile
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:01 am

fingers crossed for your guy!! Dont normally have any problems with Trelawny at all - he has got really good feet - just this one, had one abcess, then another, now again - and I look after his feet fanatically as he used to suffer with terrible thrush until we moved here.... Frustrating!
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2