Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!!

3 posters

Go down

Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Empty Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!!

Post by HorseHippie Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 am

I am looking to get myself a pair of field boots. I don't need custom built just something to tootle around to some schooling shows and clinics.

Now, I am wondering which brand - for the money, I was going to get a pair of Saxon Equileather Field Boots, but then I thought, half chaps and paddock boots would be okay too...

I am on a limited budget so am trying to keep that in mind.

Any suggestions? Smile
Thanks!
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Empty Re: Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!!

Post by Cyndi Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Ooooohhhh...I'd love some new boots! LOL

I've heard great things about Ariats and Blundstones. Both are costly, but sometimes you can get them on sale. Apparently, they will last you a long time. The more beat-up Blundstones get, the more comfy and "nice-looking" they get.

I have a pair of cheap fake leather barn boots, and they serve me well, but in the heat my feet are pretty toasty.

I would like to get a pair of barn or field (not sure of the difference) boots that look more like hiking shoes, just so that I can wear shorts in the summer while I work with Fanny, without looking like a dork with shorts and black ankle boots. Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Fresse Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Fresse Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Fresse Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Fresse If I wear shorts to the barn now, I wear an old pair of grey hiking boots instead of my barn boots. I may look like a construction worker, but it's better than the alternative...not that it should matter anyway. I must be self-conscious from all those years of people laughing at me. lol

I'm not being much help, am I? I guess what I'm saying is get something functional for what you do.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Empty Re: Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!!

Post by HorseHippie Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:36 pm

If you just want something for the barn and are not going be riding, get some Roper slip ons. I bought a pair when I was pregnant because I couldn't see my feet anymore and that was 5 years ago and they are still going on strong. I was just at the tack store and they are about $80 pair. They are super comfy. I wear mine everywhere.

The paddock boots come to just above the ankle and the field boots are the ones to the knees. I am just debating if I should bite the bullet and get a good pair of leather field boots or go with a good pair of paddock boots and half chaps.

If I was a milionaire, I would get a pair of Dubarry's of Ireland, but they are about $500 a pair. Maybe when I win the lotto max on Friday....hmmm....

Decisions decisions....
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:06 am

OH MY GOODNESS FORGET THE FIELD BOOTS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

Cyndi, these would be perfect for working around the barn and for RIDING!! And they come in PINK!!!! Can you tell I am super excited!!!

[url=http://www.picovs.ca/product.sc?productId=3749&categoryId=32]http://www.picovs.ca/product.sc?productId=3749&categoryId=32[/url]

Hopefully they link works!!! If not they are called "Wicked Rider Shoe" and it looks like they are made by Mountain Horse...

I think I may be placing an order!!!
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 am

That is hilarious!!! How cool are those??!! LOL

You'll have to post a pic of you wearing them!!!
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 am

I think they are hilarious as well and for those that know me, I can get away with wearing the pink!! Ha ha!!

I must admit, I did order a pair.. hee hee hee!!!
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Can hardly wait to see them on you! You going to get a bright pink saddle pad for Tao so you can match? How about a bright pink Nurtural bridle?!! LOL I'd love to have bridles in all the colours so I could use whichever one suited how I was feeling that day.

I finally checked out the Dubarry boots. Wow, nice boots!!
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:23 am

I like those too - I'm going for a black pair. I have a pair of Mountain Horse short leather boots I bought years ago and they are the best shape for riding - I even had to lengthen my stirrups one hole with them on!
Personally I live in Crocs now - Crocs wellies in winter, warm, light and don't make your feet sweat. The fact that I often get asked if I am wearing them for a bet I ignore...not good for riding in though although I do wear them when riding bareback. I even wear a black pair of Croc sandals in the office!
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:44 am

Crocs??!! LOL I am not opposed to them, but everyone else in my family hates them! LOL If people are asking you if you're wearing your wellies as a bet, I'd say they are either loved or hated out your way too. Be yourself, and wear them proudly, my friend!! Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Icon_cheers Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Icon_cheers Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Icon_cheers
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:28 am

Well, sad news, tack store phoned me and they can't get any more pink ones til spring.... Sad Sad

Might have to settle for black....
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Dang nabbit!!! Don't you hate when you get all excited about something and then the plans change??!! Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Icon_mad I'm sure the black ones will look cool too.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:32 am

So, I ordered the black ones and also some really cool socks to go with them..should have them in a week or so!

I can't wait to get them and show my husband - oh the comment he will have, it will be too funny!!!
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 am

Sooo, on my search for the pink ones...yes I really wanted the pink ones....I got an email on Friday.....

The local tack store here in town had a lady return a pair that WERE MY SIZE!!!!

Ooooh, I just love my new pink boots... Wink

As for the black ones, after my husband seen how happy I was with the pink ones, he told me that I should keep the black ones as the barn ones and the pink ones as the "town" shoes.... (I just love my husband Smile Smile )
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 am

WOO HOO!!!!! Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Icon_cheers You have GOT to take a pic of you in those shoes!!

What a great hubby!!! Keep him!! LOL
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:03 am

Yes, I love my husband - as he was telling me that I can keep the black ones, he also had his hand out waiting for me to hand over the credit card HA HA HA!!! I took it as a hint NO MORE SHOPPING!!! (for a while anyways!!!)

Smile Smile
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Let's see...buying a new horse, having him shipped half way (if not more) across the country, then TWO new pairs of boots. Yep, I can see why he's reaching out his hand for the credit card. LOL If you're like me, I like having all these things in place and then the boots just make it all complete. Shopping for clothes...decisions decisions!!! Icon_biggrin
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:09 am

Ha ha ha Cyndi!! You're right about the logic!!

My husband and I have an agreement of sorts - birthday, Christmas, Valentine's and Mother's Day are all combined into one big present a year. This year, of course, has topped all the years so far!!!

But of course, what goes around comes around.... Wink He is pretty spoiled too.. ha ha and our 4 year old daughter - yikes, I'm gonna need a bigger house, or maybe, I will just move out to the barn...hmmm...
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum