Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a quick hello

3 posters

Go down

a quick hello Empty a quick hello

Post by perfectpolly Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi,
i'm the proud owner of polly. she is a 14.2hh welsh x tb who thinks life should be lived in the fast lane.( we have come along way in the year i have had her)
I joined the yahoo chat site a short while back whilst looking into going bitless. ( polly has a small mouth, fleshy lips, huge tongue and low pallet-so finding a bit she likes was proving hard)
Thankfully i recieved encouragement and support from most of the yahoo members, which gave me the confidence to try bitless.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
well today i did it!!!
went for an hours hack on the roads to try it out. ( had bitted bridle over ther top, but no contact at all)
we had a full on ride--met lorries, vans, road works, noisy trailers, huge builders merchant lorry loaded to the hilt-twice,and a load of cars.
she was perfect.
very responsive-walk, trot,halt and rein back. even listened to half halt when trotting a little too fast and slowed, which she would have ignored in a bit!
i am sold!!!!
will gradually build up to the more exciting rides( which is when SHE decides we need a bit of a run--fast!)
Trying something new has been quite scary, but i'm glad i've tried..... she even puts her head into the bridle-so must like it. flower

perfectpolly

Back to top Go down

a quick hello Empty Re: a quick hello

Post by mazrush Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:42 pm

sounds like you had a great ride. I've been using my bitless bridle for about 6 weeks now and I find it's easier to pull up than with a bit so I'm sure you'll enjoy your more exciting rides when the time comes. Maz
mazrush
mazrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bohohorse Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:19 am

Fantastic! Very Happy Well done and great to see you on the forum.

I've found exactly the same when we get a bit of 'speed creep' in trot, I can half halt with my seat and a tiny rein aid and no arguments.

Look forward to hearing about your progress Very Happy
bohohorse
bohohorse

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BohoHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down