Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grass founder

+3
Cyndi
lightertouch
Sydney
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Grass founder - Page 3 Empty Re: Grass founder

Post by Sydney Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 am

That is ok Cyndi, on your own time theres no deadline.

No one thinks your daff, I love reading your posts and admire how open you can be with your thoughts and emotions about your horse and life in general, a quality I often lack and wish I had more of Smile
Sydney
Sydney

http://www.nurturalhorse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am

I went out to see the boys this morning, so that I could take pics of Preacher's feet for the barefoot trimmer (so that she'd know if she needed to see him sooner rather than later).

Both of the boys came to the fence when they saw me Grass founder - Page 3 Icon_smile Even CK, who can be aloof! He's such a sweetie. I groomed both of them, which they LOVED!! CK kept butting in between Preacher and me, so that he could get more brushing. The lack of attention they get just breaks my heart.

Preacher is moving around about the same, but I did see his right front tremble once. Heinz, the employee who looks after the boys, saw my car by the barn so he came out to say hello. Since he was there, I had him hold Preacher so I could take some pics of his feet. Heinz thinks that Preacher is doing better.

His feet are still pretty ugly, that's for sure, especially his right hind, but I think that was the one that was abscessing when Chantelle trimmed him. I've sent her the pics, so now I just wait and see what she says.

Sydney, if you know of anyone who might be able to rescue these two, please let me know. I've said this before, but I don't think that my friend realizes how serious this is. I think she's open to offers for him, but anyone who knows anything about founder will not want to pay what she paid for him...which is her asking price...even though he is a registered QH.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Thats good hes doing better but founder/laminitis is still what it is, bad.

Unfortunately there are no rescues in my area. If I know of someone i'll let you know.
Sydney
Sydney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sat May 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Preacher had his second barefoot trim this morning. Chantelle was really impressed with his progress, saying that she doesn't expect to see this much response until after the second trim. YAY!! Grass founder - Page 3 Icon_cheers Grass founder - Page 3 Icon_cheers

The new growth is coming in fast and furious, now that he has proper blood flow to his feet, and you can really see the difference in the angle of the new growth. I am excited to see how things progress. His right hind is still quite sore, but is improving as well. Chantelle took pics of his feet because she wants to use them as a case study. She'll be back on May 29th, so I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say about further improvement.

I was also encouraged by the way she was talking about Preacher, that he would make a good mount for either Western or English. I was just thrilled that she was talking about him being able to be ridden regularly again...providing he gets the proper care that he needs. She has a friend, who is also a barefoot trimmer, who would like to buy Preacher, but she is leasing a barn for her 12 school horses and doesn't have room for him right now. She is presently looking for another barn to lease.

So all in all, there was good news regarding Preacher and CK today.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Sat May 01, 2010 10:26 pm

That is good news! Sounds like you have been doing all the right things Cyndi!
Sydney
Sydney

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Sun May 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Hugs to you!
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down