Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Hart Workshop June 18th-19th

3 posters

Go down

Ben Hart Workshop June 18th-19th Empty Ben Hart Workshop June 18th-19th

Post by FlorayG Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:27 am

Thanks for the introduction Cyndi!
Ben Hart will be holding a 2 day equine behaviour workshop near Taunton, Somerset on 18th and 19th June this year.
Cost for the 2 days is £140 and includes full follow-up by telephone if you want. You do not need to bring a horse, we will have several spare. There are no 'spectator' or 'auditor' places, everyone attending gets the full deal.

www.hartshorsemanship.com
for further information on how Ben works
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Ben Hart Workshop June 18th-19th Empty Re: Ben Hart Workshop June 18th-19th

Post by Cyndi Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:48 am

You are most welcome!! Perhaps Ben will be so pleased with the overwhelming success of your clinic that the next time he's in Canada, he will make a special trip out to see Fan and me, and give us a private lesson. Hey, I can dream! LOL

I'm SO happy for you!! I'm sure it will be a great time of gathering information...while having fun at the same time Very Happy Would love to hear a full report on it, if you're allowed to.

Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Starting tomorrow and it's going to RAIN and RAIN and RAIN all day *sigh*
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Doh! Hope you have a great time despite the rain Smile
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:24 pm

This was great stuff. My brain hurts - yesterday I was in bed before 9pm I was so tired. IN total we spent about 3 hours actually working with the horses but the 30 minutes we had with Dancing taught me loads. We did huge amounts of theory (so the rain was ok!), lots of games and hundreds of sticky notes and coloured cards all over the tables and walls. First we learned about how the horse perceives compared to humans - touch, smell, sight etc., and how the horses brain works in comparison - apparently much more like a mans than like a womans...
Then we had to use this to work on scenarios - how does the horse really see this thing you are doing? How much can it learn in one go? How does it learn (Ha! they all learn differently, just like people)
The second day we learned how to apply the first days training to being a better trainer. The whole workshop is about becoming a better trainer yourself and is not Ben Hart training your horse for you. I thoroughly recommend this workshop, its the first of a series of four.
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

That sounds wonderful!! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time with him, even with the rain!

I really like that his focus is on how to make you a better trainer, rather than him training your horse, as you'd mentioned. I've been taking some riding/training lessons, and although they do follow a certain "method", I do ask a lot of questions. I'd probably appreciate Ben's instruction, but for now I am doing what I can with what I have. It's better than not having someone "close by" to help me. That reminds me, I have lots to write in my diary Surprised
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 am

Sounds like you had a super learning weekend FlorayG. Keep us posted on future clinics, I'm very tempted!
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:17 am

Keep an eye on his website there will be one in Wales later this summer. Also I have just heard Leslie Desmond will be in Pembroke in September
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 am

As it turns out, my mate is hosting a clinic in August! Win!
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:58 am

Is that the Clicker Training one on his website? Only he's forgotten to put the date on... I'd like to come if that is it, what date is it?
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am

My diary has it as the 6th of August, though my diary has been known to be wrong.
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down