Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marysia Duke, Wills and Ellie.

3 posters

Go down

Marysia Duke, Wills and Ellie. Empty Marysia Duke, Wills and Ellie.

Post by Marysia Kelly Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:39 am

Hi everyone my name is Marysia and I live in London. I have loved horses all my life and have worked with them at local stables. Last year I stopped riding after watching 'The Path Of The Horse Full Documentary' strangely this coincided with my friend Pam asking me to exercise her horse Duke.
I am delighted to share that Pam is a very open person and has given me permission to go bitless with him and I admit to not having a clue how to go about this, I have read Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling book 'Dancing With Horses' and I have a cordeo and I want to do liberty work, I understand how important it is that horses are free to chose.
I would welcome any advice as it would be lovely if Pam and her daughters would also go bitless after seeing that it can happen and also how safe things are for both horse and rider.
Duke is a very very intelligent horse and I know the others will also learn in time.
I am really looking forward to getting to know you all and many thanks in advance,
Marysia.

Marysia Kelly

Back to top Go down

Marysia Duke, Wills and Ellie. Empty Re: Marysia Duke, Wills and Ellie.

Post by Kadi Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Hello!

Welcome!
I hope we can help answer your questions that you have, and get to know you too!

Kadi
Kadi
Kadi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marysia Kelly Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Hello and thank you! Its nice to be here and I just need advice on getting started with a cordeo, I am an auxiliary nurse and my daughter Maria is going to study dance she is 16 and also crazy about horses, I also have a question, I heard years ago that dancing and riding do not mix as they use opposing muscles, is this true? I was just curious.
I look forward to speaking more with you soon.

Marysia Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kadi Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Hey!

Feel free to start up some topics about the areas you need advice on, or look through some of the topics already there and see if they can answer your questions! I haven't had much experience with a Cordeo but I am sure there are some other people who will be able to answer your questions Smile
I am very curious about the dancing and horse ridding mix too, I have been told the same thing many times, so I have started up a topic in the general discussions! Smile

enjoy the site Smile
Kadi
Kadi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marysia Kelly Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:30 am

Thank you! I must have a look! Very Happy 

Marysia Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Hello Marysia!

Welcome here Very Happy  It's been really quiet in here, so I haven't checked in as often as I used to.

I'm assuming that when you say you are from London, you mean England. I live in Canada, near the city of London, Ontario, and got all excited that perhaps you lived close to me! lol

It's nice that your friend is open to you going bitless, and I hope you are a good influence on her, and that she decides to go bitless too.

I, too, have read Hempfling's books (I have three). He is very good with horses, isn't he? I've got a whole library of horse training books, and have learned something from each one. I would love to ride with just a cordeo someday, but my mare and I aren't quite ready for that yet. I'll just keep at it and hopefully we'll slowly get there. Like you, I don't have the know-how to get started with cordeo work.

Have you ever heard of Fair Horsemanship? She does a lot of cordeo riding and training. I just don't have the time right now to take the time that's needed to read everything on her site. Oh, here's her website: http://www.fairhorsemanship.com/

Once again, welcome here. I know there are some very knowledgeable people in here, but most are busy with their businesses, children, horses, etc. Smile 

Cyndi
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marysia Kelly Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi Cyndi and thank you for your warm welcome! Yes we live in London England lol I would also love to be your neighbor! Nice to meet another fan of Klaus Ferdinand Hemfling, yes he is amazing! And guess what I count Alize as my actual friend (Fairhorsemanship) as we have spoken on facebook many times and have each others phone numbers, I was going to go to one of her clinics but something came up, but I will be going at a later stage.
I think Alize is AWESOME really admire her work and she is always there to help people with their horses, I bought my cordeo and rope from her, they are beautifully soft fabric but I have not used yet.
Feel free to add me as a friend on facebook and also anyone else here this is the link to my page facebook.com/marysia.kelly
Really lovely to meet you xxx

Marysia Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Oh, that's great, Marysia! Looks like you'll get a lot of help from Alize.

I'd like to order a cordeo from her, but the shipping would cost as much as the cordeo! Razz  I would like to make one myself, though. I still have trouble with my mare not always listening to my cues, so I wouldn't be confident enough to ride her bareback, but learning to ride with a cordeo with a saddle on is something I'd be willing to try.

Keep us posted on your cordeo journey in the "diary" section, because I'd like to read about it Smile
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum