Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone!

4 posters

Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Hello everyone!

Post by Cyndi Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:22 pm

It's nice to be here. The forum looks well set up. Thanks again for doing this Wendy!

As far as introductions go...

I'm from the bitless yahoo group. I've always liked/loved horses and finally bought my very own horse this past March, and brought her home in April. She is a lovely horse (Canadien Horse x Newfoundland Pony), and I am doing my best as a first-time owner to do what's best for her. That includes riding her bitless, as I didn't want my inexperienced hands to hurt her with a bit. Thankfully, she was trained bitless.

While not totally clueless to horse care and training, it's mostly been head knowledge, so I'm slowly putting these things to practice. I'm on a learning curve and willing to take the time it takes to build a strong relationship with my girl and enjoy many happy years together.

I am always open to suggestions and advice when it comes to getting things right Smile

Cyndi and Fanny in Canada
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone! Empty Re: Hello everyone!

Post by bohohorse Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Yay Cyndi! Glad you made it cheers
bohohorse
bohohorse

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BohoHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks! It's great to be here.

I'm wondering...how do I get a pic to come up with my profile on the side of the messages? I'm not very computer savvy.

Been reading Pat Coleby's book "Natural Horse Care" and am a tad overwhelmed! I thought I was doing the right thing by removing manure from the field, since only two of the five horses in there are wormed regularly, plus it has helped keep the fly population down. Now I am finding out that it's better for the pasture to have that manure spread around...which makes perfect sense. Sigh. I told you I'm just learning Rolling Eyes

~C~
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:12 am

Welcome Cyndi
sunny sunny sunny

Looks like you managed the picture just fine, though for those of you who want to know how we will add a sticky in the info section soon.

I too am a fan of pat Coleby, introduced to her work by Charlotte cheers
Picking manure up or spreading it about is debatable and you can open a topic in the horse care section if you want but it does depend on how much acreage you have and how it is managed.

Wendy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bitlesshorse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Wendy!

Shortly after I posted that message I saw how to add my own pic. Woo hoo, I'm slowly learning! LOL

Good idea about starting a "manure" topic. I might just do that.

~C~
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi Cyndi
Great to see you here from the yahoo group!
this forum is such a good idea!
best wishes
Jo
Jo
Jo

http://www.walksfarphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum