Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAY!

4 posters

Go down

HAY! Empty HAY!

Post by thebitlessway Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Hay there Horse Lovers!
My name is Grace, I'm 14yo and Train/Start my own Horses under saddle, re-train them and re-start them,etc.. Smile
I have been riding Bitless now for 2years and own 4 horses:
LEO, MHARLI, GLOREOUS & CHOISE! Smile
I live in AUSTRALIA
I ride Bareback 100% of the time and with a helmet!! HA! Smile I even ride Bareback at Team Penning!
I ride: BITless, WHIPless, SPURless & SHOEless! And SADDLEless on my horses! Smile
I'm doing a 12month Horse Clicker Training Course through AMERICA with Leslie Pavlich(Horse Clicker Trainer)! I'm doing it with LEO!
I ride at LIBERTY alot too! So many people call me Indian Girl!
I'm trying to get into a Competition, but's it's hard been BITLESS! Since overhere, not many people allow it! If I can, it is a Bareback Showjumping Eventh
held at TEE-10 Tamworth Equestrian Exhibition! In NSW. So I'm waiting for the reply for YES, that I can compete Bitless, if not, I won't enter.
I also have a real shortage of friends and so I'm hopeing I'll meet some at The Bitless Horse Association!
Happy riding! Stay BITLESS! Grace Smile
Very Happy
thebitlessway
thebitlessway

Back to top Go down

HAY! Empty Re: HAY!

Post by Cyndi Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 am

Hi Grace!!

Welcome here! Wow, you sound amazing, as do your horses!! Great to have you here. Perhaps you can give some newbies like me advice Very Happy
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by fin Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 am

Hello Grace, great that young people are enjoying riding bitless. Do you keep your horses at home? What type of bitless bridle do you use? Do you enjoy dressage? if you do there is a website where you can film yourself doing a test and send off your film to be marked by a proper judge. They are happy for people to compete bitless I keep meaning to get round to doing it. There's information somewhere on this site and I remember seing a video of Syney competing in Ireland.
fin
fin

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Grace welcome!! It sounds like your horses must be really happy and healthy. Good luck with the Bareback Event. Smile
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by thebitlessway Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi all! Thankyou for welcoming me!

In reply to fin:
Yes, all my horses live at home with me on 5acres. Although, 1 is currently been leased nearby-Choise. We are purchasing a 12hh+ 1yo Australian Pony Colt soon, which I will completely train, Bitless of course!
I ride in the LightRider Bitless Bridles for all my horses. What about you?
No, I don't like Dressage. I'm into Natural Horsemanship related activites. I go Trail Riding and ride in the paddock with my course, pics to come..
Ask me anything you like! I'll answer for sure!
From, Grace Smile
thebitlessway
thebitlessway

Back to top Go down

Post by thebitlessway Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 pm

If you want to see pictures of my horses, just look at my Personal Album in the gallery! Smile I will be adding Choise on there and a pic of my Course! Smile
thebitlessway
thebitlessway

Back to top Go down

Post by fin Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Grace, Like you I keep my horses at home and I love just hanging out with them. Hacking is my favourite activity too. I use a crossunder bitless with the spirit reins which give a lovely light control. I would like to try a light rider bridle so would like to hear how you get on with it. My main ride is a lovely piebald vanner called Connor and I have an almost retired 28 year old mare who I've owned since she was a yearling. I also have a 10 year old mare who came to me because she was too difficult for her child owner to ride. She's only 13 hands but can be a really spirited ride so she keeps me on my toes. She was almost unmanageble in a bit, but really took to the bitless.
fin
fin

Back to top Go down

Post by thebitlessway Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 pm

The LightRider is very effective on my 'use to bolt' pony! And is very easy to use! I've used it on Trail Riding too, up to 2hrs and have full control! When I first tried it, I had instant control. It doesn't rub them either and stay's in the same place. I'm getting an Australian Pony Yearling Colt soon! He's a Black Tobiano and mature around 13hh. We'll be breeding Arabian Ponies around 12-13hh+ which is very exctiting! I use Clicker Training! It's so great! All positive reinforcement!
thebitlessway
thebitlessway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum