Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Australia

+3
HorseHippie
lightertouch
Kodak
7 posters

Go down

Hello from Australia Empty Hello from Australia

Post by Kodak Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Hello,

My name is Sascha Day. I live in New South Wales, Australia and share my life with 3 special horses - Kodak, Indigo and Vegemite.

This is Kodak (left) and Vegemite. They are soul brothers...
Hello from Australia Kodakveg-nov08

This is a picture of Indigo, the day he arrived at our home (left) and Kodak (splashing) playing in one of our dams on our lovely 24 acre property which we are lucky to have (and also worked very hard to get!)
Hello from Australia Indikodaknov08

Hello from Australia IMGP1425

Kodak is my greatest muse. Gentle hearted (well, they all are), kind with all those in lesser positions in life than him (Vegemite, my 2 year old daughter, dogs or sheep included) but a severe authority with any horse his size or bigger. Kodak leads our little herd of three and I have seen him to be a very caring and consistent leader although quite tough.
An interesting horse to teach in every way and has been the one who has lead me to seek and follow better, kinder and more ethical communication systems than the typical positive punishment type of "training" systems.

Vegemite is a very big character in all of his 8hh. Always curious, he puts everyone he meets into an instant positive frame of mind. He is funny, intelligent and an excellent friend to all. He has a special relationship with one of my dogs (mini fox terrier called Holly) and the two are often found kissing each other.

Indigo has only been with us about 3 months. He came from a stabled environment with shoes and has spent his time here rehabilitating in a natural environment. His feet are well on the mend and he has become a very calm and contented horse. Only this week, have I begun playing in a more structured way with him. He is a quick and avid learner and a great joy to be around. He is friendly, affectionate and extremely gentle.

My hope is to be able to help share the message that to teach, train or ride a horse, the bit (or any tools that are designed to cause pain) is unnecessary and even a hinderance to any real relationship with a horse.
Kodak
Kodak

http://www.pathofthehorse.com.au

Back to top Go down

Hello from Australia Empty Re: Hello from Australia

Post by lightertouch Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:01 am

Welcome Kodak, what a gorgeous looking place ( No - green with envy!) and such beautiful horses Very Happy
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by HorseHippie Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:29 am

Welcome aboard. Beautiful horses you have there! Very Happy
HorseHippie
HorseHippie

Back to top Go down

Post by mazrush Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:43 am

Love your horses and your place. I have something similar, lightly less acres, but a great place for ponies. Unfortunately the climate here is cold and damp on the good days. Nice to see your horses after the communication we had in the events section.
mazrush
mazrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sydney Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 am

Welcome.

I have an Indigo too (see display pic) Though she is a mare and was named so because when she was born she was so black she literally looked blue.

Wow, what a gorgeous place!! Can I come live with you? lol! I always wanted to go to Australia, I was actually named for my grandfather who lived in Perth but couldn't go back due to health and age problems.

I hope you have fun here. It's a forum full of insightful people.
Sydney
Sydney

http://www.nurturalhorse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodak Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:59 pm

Thank you so much for the nice welcome. Smile This forum has a very nice feeling here...

Lightertouch, this is the second acerage we've owned, the first being
only five acres. I feel really blessed to be able to give this to my
horses, really, I know how lucky we all are. It has been a long time
coming though - about 15 years of hard work and intense dreaming! Laughing

Thank you for the complements about my beautiful boys. They are beautiful, inside and out.

Oh that's great to know another Indigo! What an amazing thing to be born almost blue. She was well named then.
My Indi, is an ex-racehorse and his racing name was "G0-Indi-go" Rolling Eyes
I hope you make it to Australia some day. Your name sake is only 3 hours drive from here.
Kodak
Kodak

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Kodak, you have beautiful horses, and I must also agree with the others that you have a beautiful piece of property! Having a pond for the horses to use is awesome.
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by bohohorse Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Lovely horses and nice to meet you Very Happy Welcome to the forum.
bohohorse
bohohorse

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BohoHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodak Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:59 am

Thanks Cyndi and Bohohorse. Smile
Looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Kodak
Kodak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down