Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help me with my FAT horse guys?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

help me with my FAT horse guys? - Page 2 Empty Re: help me with my FAT horse guys?

Post by FlorayG Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:29 am

I had a Reiki healer out at the weekend. Now, I don't believe in this stuff but she came recommended and what the hell...
By wednesday Dancing was looking much better, changing shape, brighter in herself hmmm...
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

help me with my FAT horse guys? - Page 2 Empty Re: help me with my FAT horse guys?

Post by Cyndi Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 am

I'm glad to hear that Dancing is looking better! I know what you mean about being cautious about what to believe, as far as alternative medicine goes...but if that's what's working, then goody! Wink
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 am

I hope this isn't coincidence... I rode Dancing Saturday, she was full of zip and ran off with me across the top (nearly fell off laughing) fortunately she is pretty unfit so I let her get it over with and it didn't last long. Jogged all the way home. Looks ten years younger. Scratching minimal. Fingers crossed ay?
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by fin Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:00 pm

That's great. Do you think it's the Reiki healing? You could attribute the liveliness to the Spring weather but the reduction in scratching is an amazing improvement. Hope Dancing keeps living up to her lovely name.
fin
fin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:28 am

Wasn't good yesterday although I learned something very important. When I went to the field last night she had a hard crest and 'fat' pads on her shoulders and loins again. I say 'fat' in quotes because she didn't have them the day before. Also she was stiff and unhappy.
I called the THunderbrook lady who has been advising on supplements and feeds and helping a lot and she said its an inflammatory reaction to something. Seems obvious as it came up overnight. And the yard owner has been creosoting the stable woodwork and you can smell it all over the farm...shees...
So now you know - that 'fat' on your poorly horse may not be real fat at all. Rolling Eyes
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by lightertouch Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 am

Eeek! Good to know! Hope poor Dancing feels better soon
lightertouch
lightertouch

Back to top Go down

Post by FlorayG Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:16 am

Update;
Creosote issues finally gone. I now have a horse reasonably slim, shiny coat, leaping about the field like a 3yo and not even any sign yet of Sweet Itch. I highly recommend Thunderbrook feed and supplements. Problem - still so itchy over her back that I can't ride her. *sigh*
FlorayG
FlorayG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyndi Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Great to hear that there are improvements! Hope the back itch goes away too!
Cyndi
Cyndi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2