Bitless Horse Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to address rules with bitless bridles

3 posters

Go down

How to address rules with bitless bridles Empty How to address rules with bitless bridles

Post by Sydney Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:46 pm

Ok, regarding local shows.

I e-mailed a farm about a show coming up. I asked them about bitless they said:

You are welcome to show your horses with bitless bridles
in our fun events, but as much as this is a schooling show, we encourage the
participants to follow the rules set out by equine Canada regarding horse
appointments and tack. We therefore would require all animals be shown
with bits in those events that are not soley for fun.

I checked the equine canada general rules and they said horses have to be fitted in yadda yadda bridle and bit and which ones were not allowed (things like pelhams with rein connectors for any exhibitors over X years, draw reins, bits with keys ETC) but it never stated ANYTHING about bitless bridles not being allowed.

I know some of you have gone through rule changes. What have you done to speed the rule change along? I am perfectly capeable of providing scientific evidence that bitless bridles are better but the traditionalists can be so stubborn sometimes, especially about years old rules.

I contacted equine canada about if there was a rule, we could get it changed. So if there is no written "No" we should still be allowed to compete.
Sydney
Sydney

http://www.nurturalhorse.com

Back to top Go down

How to address rules with bitless bridles Empty Re: How to address rules with bitless bridles

Post by bohohorse Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:29 am

We have exactly the same problem in the UK. There is nothing in FEI rules (which British Dressage and most unaffiliated local clubs take their lead from) to say that bits are compulsory or bitless is banned. But, almost without exception, local show organisers will not interpret the rules in favour of bitless - even though they are not obliged to follow the rules at all!

Wendy came across a local pony club branch that was more enlightened but I think they made the decision themselves rather than being encouraged.

We are going to start a concerted effort on BD to see if we can at least get a 'why not', at the moment they are effectively dodging the issue.
bohohorse
bohohorse

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BohoHorse

Back to top Go down

How to address rules with bitless bridles Empty Re: How to address rules with bitless bridles

Post by Sydney Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 am

Yeah. That is so stupid!

I am willing to put my knowledge to use and argue my bitless point. If I am successful I could help others with their organization if they want. I am just waiting for a mail back.

Know what, that schooling show last year I seen a kid riding a pony all day in every class in a hackamore (ick) I think I am just going to ride bitless anyway. It's a schooling show and I don't think i'll be doing the western for points anyways as my good tex-tan is being borrowed by my friend.
Sydney
Sydney

http://www.nurturalhorse.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:12 am

So much for the enlightened Pony Club, by the time I got there the Chief Instructor had vetoed the bitless option and I was back to H/C.

Not that it mattered as Ember tripped up (uneven ground) and I had a two point deduction for forgetting to stop in the correct place. Very Happy Embarassed Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://bitlesshorse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down